Thursday, November 7, 2013

Lake Vera

They think I'm an intruder
But today I'm Alpha Goose
The dock is mine
While the honkers
Glide about the lake
A band of coots in their wake
Waiting for my departure


wind brisk enough now
   to scatter sun-jewels
      across the lake


On my open page
   lands an exquisite
        blue dragonfly


When the wind ceases
The lake becomes a mirror
Cottonwoods across the way
Lay down a sheen of gold


The stiff morning breeze
   lifting the pages of Abbey
      I read on the docks


Access to grace is such a simple thing it makes me wonder
     if people really want it.
Sitting on the Gold Hollow docks
In the warm November sunlight (surprising)
Letting the light breeze
Run across the lake & brush my cheek
Is nothing short of grace for me.
Not just here, but in the twilight clouds,
The deep silent forest,   the "second snow"
Up some obscure trail in the Sierra.
Yet so many prefer   -Oprah?

No comments:

Post a Comment