Thursday, October 23, 2014

Vera, Lake


             Tomorrow has been cancelled.
             A swoop of woodsprites
             jabbers in the pine-tops
             above my little red cabin
             as the bath fills with hot water –
             silvery woods at dusk
             where all things meld
             into an indistinct soft repose,
             including me.
             For an hour that has no seams
             there will be no dreaded consequence
             no Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
             poised above my head,
             all sins forgiven
             all fears forgotten.

                                                  -1995

2 comments:

  1. beautiful - my interest in birds is at an all time high. been buying binoculars and birding books

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx for the comment- yes I've developed a strong interest in birds- lucky to see a formation of frigate birds -seven foot wingspan- in Baja...

    ReplyDelete